Plus sides of having a Sikh Destination Wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean
1. You can have your wedding anywhere on earth! A destination wedding is defined as marrying at least 100 miles from where the bride currently lives. So imagine the options that definition opens up for you -- the world becomes your playground.
2. You'll stand out from the pack. More than 2 million American couples marry every year -- and fewer than 25 percent of them have destination dos. Bonus: Wed away, and you won't have to choose from the same old hometown spots and temples all your friends have booked.
3. It's easier. Many wedding-worthy resorts offer free planning help to couples, whether the event is for two or 200, and an abundance of packages keep things simple while still giving options to customize. Want something more involved? Turn to an independent planner who specializes in more elaborate events. Wedding package in the Caribbean are at a better rate November through April when the weather is colder in N. America
4. You can save on decor. With a destination wedding in a stunning setting, your location of choice supplies the theme, from castle fairytale, to sea-inspired locales. And when you choose an amazing backdrop, it doesn't take much to dress it up. Opt for a pristine beach, a tidy vineyard, a blooming garden or a historic plantation house furnished with graceful antiques, and you'll be more than covered with a few simple florals.
5. Enjoy quality time with loved ones. The standard Sikh wedding itinerary lasts for 2 - 3 days and the bride and groom spend most of that time running from event to event. A destination Sikh Wedding often is planned for 7 days -- which means, now that you've finally gotten your nearest and dearest together, you can actually spend quality time with them!
6. It's a great excuse to limit the guest list. The very nature of destination weddings -- they require travel, a longer time commitment and hotel stays -- gives you the perfect excuse to cut down on an often unmanageable number of invitees. Think the unwanted Aunty will be miffed? You can always throw a postwedding party -- complete with plenty of photos -- when you get back home.
7. Guests can save on a vacation. Ask your host hotel about discounted room rates for your guests; most resorts are more than willing to bargain in exchange for group business. Some airlines, such as United and American, offer discounted airfares for groups of 10 of more -- on the latter, this is true even if your guests are departing from different gateways. And ultimately, your friends will have a blast! Destination weddings give friends and family that most valuable commodity: downtime -- to kick back, connect and celebrate. And what's more fun than that?
8. You'll share a locale you love. Part of the joy of a destination wedding is showing off a place that has special meaning to you, be it bringing friends and family back to a locale you love, sharing where you took your first vacation as a couple or finally going to a locale you've always dreamed of visiting.
9. Flexible timing helps with budgeting. You'll be at your destination for a few days, so work with your vendors to see how timing can trim costs. After all, if everyone is already there, you can wed on a Friday, a Sunday or even a Tuesday -- what does the day of the week matter in paradise? Look at seasonality too. Many Caribbean hotels drop their prices dramatically in mid-April; by planning your wedding for April - May, you can get the same great digs for a fraction of the price paid by visitors a few weeks earlier. Likewise, mountain resort towns offer big savings in spring and fall.
10. You don't have to plan the meals. The endless variety of food choices at resorts opens a vast variety of meals catering to vegetarians, kids menu, ethnic choices. explore the speciality restaurants at the resort. Remember to book the meal times when you first arrive, good restaurants book fast
11. Tipping the staff. You get a great bang for your buck at Caribbean resorts, generally the local staff is very helpful and friendly and a small tip will get you a bigger small and greater service.
12. The Sikh Anand Karaj ceremony. As officiants who specialize in Destination weddings, we create a sacred space for the ceremony and are very aware of tropical elements. We make a point to complete the entire ceremony in less than an hour keeping all the Traditional elements intact.
Need more info contact us HERE